Position: Director, Industrial Ingredients and Flavors
Reports to: Vice President of Ingredients and Flavors
To support the growth effort, Javo Ingredients and Flavors is seeking a technically experienced, results driven Industrial Sales Director to increase the sales efforts of the ingredient and flavor segment. The right candidate will have experience with food and beverage applications in relation to an ingredient sales cycle. The candidate will have existing connections in manufacturing and have the ability to handle large national accounts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Experienced in the ingredient industry and have a keen ability to analyze competitive base.
· Sell, promote and market our coffee, tea and botanical extracts in liaison with internal and external stakeholders, while developing and building relationships with key customers.
· Develop deep contacts, networks and relationships to advance Javo Beverage ingredients in manufacturing food and beverage customers
· Oversee forecasts, contribute to competitive intelligence, and strategic market assessment
· Monitor competitive activity and develop appropriate tactics to respond
· Coordinate sales presentations and represent Javo Beverage Company in relevant associations, trade shows and conventions
· Travel extensively as needed to engage with customers face to face
· Achieves individual KPI targets for ingredient and sales customer placement
· Implements pricing actions with all customers/distributors
· Effectively manages T&E and capital expenses within budget
· Submits required sales reports accurately and on time
· Keeps abreast of ingredient and flavor industry trends to develop strategies for market penetration.
· Stays informed of competitive activities. Keeps senior management informed of new product launches or other initiatives that could impact sales.
· Develops and maintains a robust new business opportunity pipeline focused in ingredient and flavor segment
· Travels to conduct new business sales calls, customer retention calls as necessary
· Maintains expert knowledge of all company products and can successfully display, demonstrate and train customers using product samples and/or equipment.
· Effectively executes sales presentations and product demonstrations to close new business and deliver annual volume and profit objectives
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Mastery of organization, presentation and planning skills.
- Some knowledge of food manufacturing
- Technical training e.g. food science a plus
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel away from home on an average of 30-40% of time.
- 10+ years of successful selling, sales management and marketing experience as well as successful development and launch of new products within the specialty ingredients markets. Ability to translate market knowledge into growth strategies. Role will require intensive travel, domestically
- Prefer a technical background in food and beverage.
- Relevant Scientific, BS in Food Science or Business.
- USA, preferably on the Midwest time zone.